Monday, October 18, 2010

Featured Member - ONFX ~ Rudy Espinosa



How would you describe your line of work?

I like to help small business owners present and market their business online. Every business, small or large, should have a website. It is just as necessary as a business card these days. Your business must have these in place to operate and gain additional clients.

I recently sent out my first newsletter through the Lombard Chamber. I informed members that I now offer small business online marketing or SEO. SEO is short for Search Engine Optimization. If you want your website to appear in Google when someone searches for a specific set of words, I can help you!

If you need assistance marketing to the Latino community, I can help you too. Spanish is my native language. You may want to contact me soon. I have been told on forums recently by the SEO experts that my 2nd language will present opportunities with low competition. I may become too expensive soon and will walk around with my nose in the air. Just kidding!

How did you become interested in this line of work?

I reserved my first domain name and setup my first website in the mid 90’s. As a kid, I loved to draw. My parents gave me my first computer in the 80’s. So, when I discovered that I could create something online and anyone with a computer (and the internet) could instantly see it --- I was hooked!

What is your favorite part of your job?

Showing off the new website to a client is cool. The only thing better, is the emotional reward when someone expresses their gratitude and appreciation for helping present their business online.

What is your least favorite part of your job?

I sincerely provide more than a client expects. I know it is a business but I take great pride in my work and my relationship with the client. I understand that small business owners have a tight budget. So, it is hard for me to tell someone that I can only provide X amount of services for X amount of dollars.

What does a day in the life of “Rudy Espinosa @ ONFX” consist of?

Wake up

Drink a protein shake

Start work

Eat

Work

Work out

Eat

Work

Eat

Finish work

What would you like your fellow Chamber members to know about you?

I am preparing for “2012”! LOL!

That was a joke (though I am probably the only one laughing), but I do feel like I am training for the so called “2012” event! I have been lifting weights for several years. A few years ago I built a solid 25 pounds of muscle. But 5 meals a day plus 3 protein shakes was too much work. So, I lost 25 pounds since then. My new goal is a six pack. I once tried the Adkins diet, but I gave up after 1 hour. I love bread and I especially love tortillas! For that reason, I do cardio just to look average, LOL! About a year ago, I took up jump roping and I am known as the “jump rope guy” at the gym. Twice a week, I try to play pool volleyball. About 5 months ago, I began Yin Yoga. If there is only 1 thing I could tell my fellow chamber members, it would be to try yoga. It helps many aspects of your life; physically and mentally. It helped me finally break my bench press plateau. I firmly believe it will help me regain the full split that I used to show off when I was a break dancer in the 80’s, LOL! I also read recently in my Esquire magazine, that certain poses help your stature and even help you appear taller. I am barely average height, so I need all the help I can get, LOL! More importantly, I have discovered that I will maintain a healthy back. I am in my mid 40’s and in the best shape of my life thanks to yoga. I urge everyone to try yoga.

Visit the website at www.onfx.com


1 comment: